Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Winner Wednesday: August Journals


I'm excited to participate in my first Winner Wednesday, hosted by A Dab of Glue Will Do.
This linky takes place the first Wednesday of every month. On Winner Wednesday, I will pick a product from my store and explain it in detail, with pictures. Then you will have a chance to win that product for FREE. All you will have to do is enter your name to be entered into the Rafflecopter. 

For my first Winner Wednesday, I decided to giveaway my August Journals. I think journaling is such an important part of writing development. I also teach Writer's Workshop which provides more structure through relevant mini-lessons and helps students build their narrative, opinion, and informational writing skills. However, I also see the value and importance of creative writing as an outlet for expression. Some of my students who struggle in writing love journalling because they can show their strengths in other ways. Providing various opportunities for students to shine is so important to me as a teacher.


My monthly journals are designed to be printed into mini-books. Directions are included to make copying quick and easy.



Each page gives students a prompt to think and write about. Prompts are aligned to monthly holidays and other events. August has prompts about summer, travel, the beach, pets, inventions, and more! There is also a place for students to illustrate what they wrote about.




On the back cover of the journal there are reminders for students about writing conventions and a tracker. After students read me their entry and check their conventions, they get to color in a number. 


My goal is to create a series of these Journal mini-books for each month. But you can get August for FREE. Just add your name to the Rafflecopter below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. I think journals are wonderful! We have our "learning journals" for reflecting and references (mini-anchor charts) and our math journals. Would love to add these to my collection!

    Fervent First Grade Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thanks for entering and visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete