Monday, June 29, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge Week 2: Dare to Dream

NOTE: My blog is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Please pardon our mess while we get a new look!

----


I'm a little bit late linking up and blogging about Week 2 of the TpT Seller Challenge. Last week was busy getting ready to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We had such a fun "staycation" in our own city. 


Thank you again to Emily from Third in Hollywood, Ashley from Teach Create Motivate, Jen from Sparkling in Second, and Amber from Peppy Zesty Teacherista for organizing this challenge. This challenge, combined with my great experience last weekend at the 1st Annual Louisiana Teacher Blogger Meet Up (post coming soon!), has been amazing inspiration for this journey.


Week 2 was called "Dare to Dream."


I sure love to dream big, but I tried to keep my dreams realistic for this week's challenge. I know I am a small fish in a very big pond on Teachers Pay Teachers and it is going to take time, dedication, and commitment to reach many of the goals I have.


Here are my dreams:




Build My Brand: The first step in this journey is just getting people to read what I write on this blog, visit my store, and get interested in what I am doing. I know the key to this is to ensure I am creating engaging products that really work with students. I look forward to making things specifically for my students and making sure they love them and learn from them before I put them in my store. I would love to have teachers who consistently trust my products and come back for more.


Become Better: I have already learned so much just by being a Teacher Pay Teachers customer as well as networking with other teachers on various social media platforms. I want to continue to meet new people, learn about new teaching approaches, and use my creativity to reach all kinds of learners. I believe teachers should model lifelong learning. I am currently teaching myself how to use Illustrator and I would love to learn how to code.


Balance It All: It can be hard enough to just be a classroom teacher and balancing friends and family. Taking on a small business on top of that will be challenging. I need to make sure that I am always doing this out of a love of teaching, learning, and creating and that I still carve out time for my personal life. Building this business would be a dream come true to also pay off the student loans that I have accumulated. Any money that I earn on Teacher Pay Teachers that I can put into paying off my loans would help me balance my finances in a more ideal way.


Do you think these dreams are realistic? What advice do you have on creating that work/life balance?

1 comment:

  1. Love that you mentioned the need for balance!! Many times people (especially teachers) try to juggle so much we defeat our original goals.

    ReplyDelete